Monday, January 23, 2012

Vegan Vegetable Soup

Vegan Vegetable Soup

Tonight I made a huge pot of soup. This is my recipe. Take a bunch of cut up baby carrots, celery, and an onion or two. Brown this in a big soup pot with a bit of oil.

Add about 10 cups of water (or stock) and veggie stock powder.

Then I added the following:

A few handfuls of barley
Spices to taste: I used salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, dash of Tabasco, some Italian seasoning and paprika.

Some baby spinach and parsley.

A can of tomato paste.

A bunch of cut of fresh beans.

Then simmer for about an hour and it's good to go.

I may add a can of black beans. Not sure yet. Photo to follow.

This was an improvement (health-wise) over my previous few nights of getting drunk.

Update: The soup was good, but I have and can do better! Will continue working the recipe.

Next up will be my kick ass Hungarian Mushroom Soup, that i have modified from several similar recipes into a vegan delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment